For customer-facing venues and workplaces, such as hospitality venues and retailers, it is already mandatory to use the Victorian Government QR Code Service.
For businesses that have not previously been mandated to use the Victorian Government QR Code Service prior to Thursday 11:59pm 10 June 2021 an enforcement amnesty is in place until Thursday 11:59pm 1 July 2021.
The Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions is undertaking consultation with businesses and industry to ensure business feedback is part of the implementation process.
Creating a COVIDSafe Plan
It is mandatory for every Victorian business with on-site operations to have a COVIDSafe Plan.
To ensure compliance, random spot checks are occurring throughout Victoria.
Your COVIDSafe Plan must demonstrate:
- your actions to help prevent the introduction of COVID-19 to your workplace
- the type of face mask or personal protective equipment (PPE) required for your workforce
- how you will prepare for, and respond to, a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in your workplace
- how you will meet all the requirements set out by the Victorian Government. Some industries or workplaces are subject to additional industry obligations and have additional requirements of employers and employees.
Businesses must review and update their COVIDSafe Plans regularly, especially when restrictions or public health advice changes. Organisations with multiple worksites must complete a COVIDSafe Plan for each worksite.
You can stay up to date with restrictions and public health advice at
Last updated: 24 May 2021
Last updated: 24 May 2021
Workplace attendance register
Free infection control training
Free, short, accredited training is available to help staff identify and manage the ongoing risk of COVID-19 infections in the workplace. will help businesses ensure their customers and workforce are safe.
Frequently asked questions
Last updated: 12 May 2021
Every Victorian business with on-site operations must have a COVIDSafe Plan.
Random spot checks are taking place across the state to ensure compliance. Failure to comply can result in an on-the-spot fine of up to $9,913 or up to $20,000 for serious offences.
- have a COVIDSafe Plan in place that is regularly reviewed and updated; and seek input from your workforce
- from Friday 28 May 2021, it will be mandatory for customer-facing industries that require checking-in to use the free . The full list of industries can be found at . Venues and facilities currently using a linked digital record keeping system must switch to the Victorian Government QR Service by Friday 28 May 2021. For instructions on how to switch, please go to
- with restrictions, including all logs created during the time of Directions being in force, work premises rosters, time and attendance records and payroll data
- ensure that the number of workers in shared work areas and publicly accessible spaces does not exceed the relevant
- if a worker is unwell, send them home and direct them to get tested. They must stay home until they have been cleared by the Department of Health. Testing is free and is available for workers who need to self-isolate or quarantine.
- to the Department of Health, WorkSafe, Health and Safety Representatives, and notify your workforce. For more information on identifying and notifying close contacts, see Additional information on reporting a positive case of COVID-19 is available at:
- take all reasonable steps to frequently and regularly clean and disinfect shared spaces
- undertake risk assessments for cleaning and the potential closure of your workplace in certain situations.
- understand the COVIDSafe Plan for your workplace
- regularly wash your hands and always practise good hand hygiene
- where possible within the workplace, aim to maintain physical distancing of 1.5 metres from others
- follow and worker caps for your workplace
- adhere to current requirements
- do not go to work if you are feeling sick. If you start to feel unwell at work, go home and get tested immediately
- tell your employer if you test positive to COVID-19
- regularly clean equipment and shared spaces.
Your COVIDSafe Plan must be available for inspection on request by WorkSafe or other authorised officers under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008. You do not need to submit your COVIDSafe Plan or have it endorsed by the Victorian Government.
Authorised officers and WorkSafe select site operators for review and ask them to demonstrate that they are complying with the Victorian Chief Health Officer’s Directions. Operators must retain and make available for inspection their COVIDSafe Plans, project resourcing plans, work premises rosters, time and attendance data, payroll data and other site attendance records.
Members of the public can report a suspected breach of the public health restrictions, including isolation breaches, unauthorised mass gatherings or business breaches, by contacting the Police Assistance Line on or reporting it online at .
For sites where a principal contractor does not have control of the project, subcontractors must complete their own COVIDSafe Plan for the worksite they are on, even if that worksite is shared with another employer.
Subcontractors must also complete a COVIDSafe Plan for their own worksite, such as a head office, work vehicle or warehouse. Work vehicles used predominantly to travel between the work premises and their ordinary place of residence do not require a COVIDSafe Plan, but a vehicle used predominantly as a work premises, (for example a food truck or dental van), does require a COVIDSafe Plan.
are no longer required, but there are additional requirements for some industries.
Businesses can continue to use an existing High Risk COVIDSafe Plan if the information in it is still current or can adopt a standard COVIDSafe Plan. Please see for more information on the requirements for your business.
Αυτή τη στιγμή το Σχέδιο σας COVIDSafe στα ελληνικά ενημερώνεται. Ζητούμε συγγνώμη για οποιαδήποτε ταλαιπωρία. Για περισσότερες πληροφορίες, καλέστε τη Business Victoria στο 13 22 15. Εάν χρειάζεστε διερμηνέα, καλέστε την τηλεφωνική γραμμή κορωνοϊού (COVID-19) στο 1800 675 398 και πατήστε το 0.
Il Piano COVIDSafe in italiano è attualmente in fase di aggiornamento. Ci scusiamo per eventuali disagi. Per maggiori informazioni chiamate Business Victoria al numero 13 22 15. Se avete bisogno di un interprete, chiamate la hotline per il coronavirus (COVID-19) al numero 1800 675 398 e premete 0.
ផែនការសុវត្ថិភាពកូវីដ (COVIDSafe Plan) ជាភាសាខ្មែរ កំពុងត្រូវបានធ្វើបច្ចុប្បន្នភាពនៅគ្រាសព្វថ្ងៃនេះ។ យើងសូមអភ័យទោសចំពោះការរំខានណាមួយ។ សម្រាប់ព័ត៌មានបន្ថែម សូមទូរសព្ទទៅ Business Victoria តាមលេខ 13 22 15។ បើអ្នកត្រូវការអ្នកបកប្រែភាសា សូមទូរសព្ទទៅលេខពិសេសសម្រាប់ Coronavirus ដែលមានលេខ 1800 675 398 ហើយចុចលេខ 0។
현재 한국어로 된 코로나 안전 계획(COVIDSafe Plan)을 개정하고 있습니다. 불편을 드려 죄송합니다. 자세한 사항은 비즈니스 빅토리아(Business Victoria) 전화 13 22 15번으로 문의하시기 바랍니다. 통역이 필요하시면 코로나 바이러스(COVID-19) 핫라인 1800 675 398번에 전화해서 0번을 눌러 주십시오.
ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਵਿੱਚ ਕੋਵਿਡਸੇਫ ਯੋਜਨਾ ਨੂੰ ਇਸ ਸਮੇਂ ਅੱਪਡੇਟ ਕੀਤਾ ਜਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ। ਅਸੀਂ ਕਿਸੇ ਵੀ ਅਸੁਵਿਧਾ ਲਈ ਮੁਆਫੀ ਮੰਗਦੇ ਹਾਂ। ਵਧੇਰੇ ਜਾਣਕਾਰੀ ਲਈ ਬਿਜ਼ਨਸ ਵਿਕਟੋਰੀਆ ਨੂੰ 13 22 15 ਉੱਤੇ ਫੋਨ ਕਰੋ। ਜੇ ਤੁਹਾਨੂੰ ਦੁਭਾਸ਼ੀਏ ਦੀ ਲੋੜ ਹੈ, ਤਾਂ ਕਰੋਨਾਵਾਇਰਸ (COVID-19) ਹੌਟਲਾਈਨ ਨੂੰ 1800 675 398 ਉੱਤੇ ਫੋਨ ਕਰੋ ਅਤੇ 0 ਦਬਾਓ।
Simplified Chinese 简体中文
《COVIDSafe计划》的简体中文版正在更新中。对于任何不便，我们深表歉意。详情请致电13 22 15咨询Business Victoria。如果您需要传译服务，请致电新冠病毒病（COVID-19）热线1800 675 398，然后按0键。
Traditional Chinese 繁體中文
《COVIDSafe計劃》的繁體中文版正在更新中。對於任何不便，我們深表歉意。詳情請致電13 22 15諮詢Business Victoria。如果您需要傳譯服務，請致電新冠病毒病（COVID-19）熱線1800 675 398，然後按0鍵。
Türkçe COVIDGüvenlik Planı şu anda güncellenmektedir. Verilen herhangi bir güçlükten dolayı özür dileriz. Daha fazla bilgi için 13 22 15 numaralı telefondan Business Victoria’yı arayın. Bir tercümana ihtiyacınız varsa, 1800 675 398 numaralı telefondan koranavirüs (COVID-19) acil hattını arayın ve 0’a basın.
Vietnamese tiếng Việt
Chúng tôi đang cập nhật Kế hoạch COVIDSafe tiếng Việt. Chúng tôi xin cáo lỗi nếu có gây ra bất tiện. Muốn biết thêm thông tin, hãy gọi điện thoại cho Business Victoria qua số 13 22 15. Nếu cần thông dịch viên, hãy gọi cho đường dây thường trực coronavirus (COVID-19) qua số 1800 675 398 và bấm số 0.
Reviewed 18 June 2021