Industry Restart Guidelines
The Industry Restart Guidelines outline the requirements businesses need to apply to safely operate in accordance with restrictions.
Industry Restart Guidelines are now available for:
Factsheets for cleaning guidelines
COVIDSafe Principles for business
- ensure physical distancing (1.5 metres)
- wear a face mask
- practise good hygiene
- keep good records and act quickly if workers become unwell
- avoid interactions in close spaces
- create workforce bubbles.
- abattoirs and meat processing facilities
- poultry processing facilities
- seafood processing facilities
- supermarket distribution facilities (metropolitan Melbourne only)
- chilled distribution facilities for perishable food (metropolitan Melbourne only)
- ports of entry
- gyms (with cardio and strength training facilities) when staffed*
- casinos and gaming rooms**
COVID Marshals are recommended for:
- distribution centres (where they are not mandatory)
- horticulture operations using seasonal workers for seasonal horticultural work
- care facilities
- commercial cleaning services
- commercial passenger vehicle services
- supermarket distribution facilities (regional Victoria)
- chilled distribution facilities for perishable food (regional Victoria)
- Have a in place that is regularly updated.
- of all workers, subcontractors, customers and clients attending the work premises for 15 minutes or longer (certain exemptions will apply).
- of shared workspace or in shared areas.
- The employer(s) must maintain a record of all workers who work across multiple work premises.
- If a worker is unwell, send them home and ask them to be tested. They must stay home until they have received their result. for workers who need to self-isolate or quarantine.
- Report any positive cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) to the Department of Health and Human Services, WorkSafe, health and safety representatives, and notify your workforce. You should not disclose the identity of the person with confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) to other workers unless the person has given you permission to do so.
- Regularly clean your facilities, shared spaces and provide additional cleaning supplies.
- Undertake risk assessments for cleaning and the potential closure of your workplace in certain situations.
Free infection control training
Free, short, accredited training is available to help staff identify and manage the ongoing risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) infections in the workplace. will help businesses prepare to safely reopen and ensure their customers and workforce are protected.
Reviewed 18 February 2021