Arts and entertainment venues are open however, there is still important advice to follow:
- Stay safe by washing your hands regularly, coughing and sneezing into your elbow and keeping 1.5 metres away from others.
- You must always carry a face mask with you when you leave home unless you have a lawful reason not to.
- It is strongly recommended you wear a mask whenever you cannot keep 1.5 metres distance from others.
- If you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) get tested and stay home. Stay at home if you feel unwell.
You must wear a mask in the following locations:
- on public transport
- when riding in a ride share or taxi
- inside shopping centres, including the retail stores inside shopping centres, such as clothing stores
- inside indoor markets
- in large retail stores (over 2000 sqm), such as department stores, electronics stores, furniture stores, hardware stores or supermarkets
- on domestic flights to and from Victoria
- at airports
- in hospitals.
Venues and facilities have specific requirements such as operating with a COVIDSafe Plan, density limits (maximum numbers of people allowed in a space), cleaning and record keeping for contract tracing. Entertainment and culture workers and businesses can access on the page.
Rehearsing and performing arts and music
Can I go to a rehearsal or lesson for singing or music?
Yes. If you are participating in a music or singing rehearsal or lesson it is recommended that you keep at least two metres from other people in the rehearsal or lesson. It is strongly recommended you wear a fitted face mask when you are singing indoors.
Can I sing as part of a performance?
Yes. When singing as part of a performance it is strongly recommended you keep safe by:
- Singing outdoors or in a well ventilated room
- Wearing a mask when singing indoors.
I’m a musician or in a band - can we rehearse at someone’s home?
Yes, but the number of musicians at a home rehearsal is limited to the household cap of 30 visitors per day.
It is recommended that band members maintain at least two metres between themselves and others.
It is strongly recommended that you wear a fitted face mask when you are in someone else’s home and singing indoors.
Reviewed 23 January 2021