Victoria government logo

Financial and other support

Find out about the financial support available to people affected by COVID-19

Staying home when you have COVID-19 can be challenging. You can reach out to your friends, family, and community for support. Make sure they stay well by providing 'contactless' assistance. This includes things like leaving items at your door or providing social support online or over the phone.

See tips and checklists for how you can manage your symptoms at home.

If you need additional support, emergency relief packages and financial support may be available for the most vulnerable and in need. You will not be eligible if you have provisions at home or other support available.

  • The Victorian Sick Pay Guarantee provides casual and contract workers in certain jobsExternal Link with up to 38 hours a year of sick and carer’s pay. Payments are made at the national minimum wage ($21.38 as of 1 July 2022). The Guarantee is fully funded by the Victorian Government for two years. Check your eligibility and sign up nowExternal Link .

    The Sick Pay Guarantee is available only for missed work. A positive RAT or PCR test is not sufficient proof of evidence to support your claim. You will need to provide a medical certificate or statutory declaration.

    Check your eligibility and sign up now.External Link

  • How to access food relief, essential items and support

    1. Plan ahead. Consider food and essential items you might need. See tips on preparing for COVID-19 isolation
    2. Use online shopping or delivery services
    3. Reach out to your friends, family and community for support
    4. To check food relief and other supports available in your area, including culturally appropriate food and ready-made meals, use an internet search engine such as Ask IzzyExternal Link
    5. If you need help to find local food relief, call the Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398
  • Home delivery is a good option for obtaining a prescription and over-the-counter medicines if you are isolating.

    Call your preferred pharmacy or check their website to see if:

    • they have your medicine(s) in stock
    • they offer home delivery
    • you can order online or over the phone.

    If you have a paper prescription, you can ask a friend or family member to place or pick up the order for you.

    Alternatively, you can ask your doctor to give you an electronic prescription, which you can send to your pharmacy.

  • Small amount, no-interest loans are available to all eligible Victorians through Good Money community finance outlets in Morwell, Geelong, Collingwood and Dandenong and a network of 77 local community organisations across Victoria.

    The No Interest Loans (NILs) provides individuals and families on low incomes with access to safe, fair, and affordable credit.

    Loans are available for essential goods and services such as fridges, washing machines, car repairs and medical procedures for up to $2,000, repayable over 12 to 18 months.

    Find out more about Good MoneyExternal Link or No Interest LoansExternal Link .

  • Support and resources are available to international students, visit Study MelbourneExternal Link for more information.

Reviewed 06 April 2023

Coronavirus Hotline

Call the Coronavirus Hotline if you have any questions about COVID-19.

The Victorian Coronavirus Hotline diverts to the National Coronavirus Helpline every night between 4pm and 9am.

Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.

Was this page helpful?