Book your vaccine appointment
Australia's COVID-19 vaccination program
The Australian Government's COVID-19 vaccine rollout will take place over three phases, prioritising vaccinations for people at high risk. These have been set by the Australian Government, based on public health and clinical advice.
In Victoria, the vaccine rollout started on 22 February 2021 for people in Phase 1a.
- Victoria’s hospital immunisation hubs, supported by the Victorian Department of Health, have been vaccinating hotel quarantine and border workers, airport and port workers, high-risk frontline health staff and public sector residential aged care staff and residents.
- The Australian Government is responsible for providing the vaccine to residents and workers in private sector residential aged care and residential disability care.
Phase 1b of the vaccine rollout started on 22 March 2021.
- Victoria’s hospital immunisation hubs, high-volume vaccination centres, and other state-supported services have been vaccinating health care workers, emergency services including police and firefighters, other priority workforces including public transport, and household contacts of hotel quarantine workers.
- The Australian Government, through approved general practices, is vaccinating adults aged 70 years and over, adults with underlying medical conditions and disabilities, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 55 years and over.
Healthcare provider kit
The Australian Government has distributed information kits to support healthcare providers. This pack includes:
- newsletter article
- social media key messages
- information sheet for health professionals.
These kits can be downloaded at the following links:
For more information
Victorian COVID-19 Vaccination Guidelines
Information about Victorian COVID-19 Vaccination Guidelines.
Site readiness for COVID-19 vaccination clinics
Information on site readiness for COVID-19 vaccination clinics.
Administering the vaccines and managing side effects
Information about administering the COVID-19 vaccines and managing side effects.
Reviewed 18 April 2021