Health care workers will play a key role in ensuring people in Victoria can get safely vaccinated. Health care workers have been identified as a priority group to receive the vaccine.
This page will be updated regularly to ensure health care workers have the information they need to decide to receive the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine.
Information will also be developed to help health care workers talk to their patients about the vaccine.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine preparedness
The Victorian Government is currently working with the Australian Government on the following elements to ensure we are prepared to roll out the vaccine:
- Strategy for roll out
- Safety - including monitoring, reporting and follow up
- Logistics including distribution and storage
- Workforce capacity and training to administer the vaccine
- Identifying priority groups that will be able to access the vaccine first
- Systems to support the vaccine roll out
- Communication and engagement including engagement with the health care sector and priority populations
Resources for health care workers
Reviewed 23 December 2020