A series of wellbeing webinars were delivered in June and July 2020 by Early Childhood Australia, with host Catharine Hydon and guest presenters Dr Narelle Lemon and Lisa Baker.
Session 1: Wellbeing and positive psychology
An introduction to the positive psychology research and strategies to support educator self-care and wellbeing. This webinar was hosted by Catharine Hydon in conversation with Dr Narelle Lemon.
Session 2: Flourishing futures
Understanding the mechanics of wellbeing can help educators take care of themselves and improve their practice.
In this recorded webinar Catharine Hydon, in conversation with Lisa Baker explores the topic of why wellbeing science is essential for educators in the early years.
Session 3: Wellbeing in action
Wellbeing is about understanding and reflection as well as about action. In this recorded webinar Catharine Hydon, in conversation with Dr Narelle Lemon and Lisa Baker delve deeper into constructs of positive psychology and wellbeing for early years teachers and educators.
Wellbeing webinar resources
The following resources were referred to in the sessions and are shared to support and inspire thinking, build knowledge and encourage reflective practice about the importance of educator and teacher wellbeing.
- Baker, L., Green, S. & Falecki, D. (2017). . European Journal of Applied Positive Psychology, 1(8), 1-12.
- Fredrickson, B. L. (2001). The role of positive emotions in positive psychology: The broaden-and-build theory of positive emotions. American Psychologist, 56(3), 218–226.
- - Originally developed by Martin Seligman. More recently several researchers added a H to represent Health. Dr Lemon uses PERMAH.
- Seligman, M. (2018). . The Journal of Positive Psychology, 13(4), 333-335
- Ryan, R. M., & Deci, E. L. (2000). . American Psychologist, 55(1), 68-78.
- - Martin Seligman, Google Zeitgeist (2010)
- - Martin Seligman (2008)
- - Martin Seligman (2012)
- - a strengths-based approach - Ryan Niemiec
- - Barbara Fredrickson (2008)
- - Brene Brown Braving (2019)
- Ryan Niemiec, Education Director of the VIA Institute on Character, blogs about science and application of character strengths on
- Adventures in positive psychology
Mini pause meditations for on the go
Reviewed 29 December 2020